Friday, December 11, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

Dave really outdid himself this year for my birthday. This was the first year in I think about 5 years that Dave was in town or home to celebrate. Dave arranged to have my parents watch the girls for almost three days! He actually took a day off of work which was a big enough gift in itself:) We dropped the girls off and headed over to Indianapolis. We stayed at the nicest hotel that I can remember. I enjoyed spending time in the room instead of looking for reasons to leave! We went to a session at the new Indianapolis temple and it was a great way to start off the trip. The temple is one of my favorites right now. It has beautiful art work and such detail that I love being inside. We went to a late dinner at Red Robin and then took dessert back to the hotel. Dave tried to plan some fun things that I would like the next day, but both of us didn't think about the fact that it was Veteran's Day and everything was closed. We ran into a Veteran's Day memorial service and parade in the morning. We went back and took a good old nap that afternoon and I was on cloud nine. We went to a dinner/movie theater that is the best of both worlds. You order your dinner right from your seat and you don't have to rush to your movie. It's genius! The hotel had yummy food and the next morning being my birthday I indulged at breakfast. Dave took me to a mall and I got my nails done which made me feel fancy. We walked around a mall for a bit and then ate lunch before headed back. It's about a two hour drive so we got back in time for dinner and cake. My mom made my favorite homemade carrot cake. The girls helped her make it and Avery helped herself to a lot of the frosting:) I chose to have Thai take out at my parents. I wanted an easy evening and the girls are always happier to eat at home and run around. The girls picked out some warm pajamas for me and Dave gave me a nice big mirror to do my makeup at. I had a mirror, but the light had gone out and couldn't be replaced. I was very surprised and really appreciated it. The girls had a blast as usual staying with my parents. Papa helped them build forts in the family room and made them hot chocolate. The weather was still decent so they spent a lot of time outside. I picked out a new bottle of perfume and some grey ankle boots from my parents and Dave's. It was a great birthday and I felt very loved by all the phone call and messages. A friend in the ward, Mandi took me out for dinner the next weekend to celebrate. Addison was really cute and said that Daddy was trusting her to keep a secret of what she picked out for me. I was really surprised that she was able to keep that secret and understand the concept of what it means to keep one. This is my last year in my 20's and I hope to make it a great one!








No comments:

Post a Comment