Monday, March 2, 2015

Snow Days

We got dumped on these past two weekends with snow. Somehow Dave talked me into going sledding:) We went over to a friends house and used their back yard. By the end Addison was climbing up the hill herself with her sled. Avery enjoyed sitting on someones lap going down and only ended up with one bruise of her cheek. Dave and I have been better about getting babysitters or asking my parents to watch the girls. We went out to get Thai food and then walked around the mall last weekend. It was a nice evening out and of course I enjoyed not having to make dinner. I took the girls down to Cincinnati last week to meet my mom for lunch. The girls were wild at lunch, but we had free coupons so it made it worth it! Addison loves to play dress up at Grammies in all of Katie's old dance costumes. Addison has NEVER passed out on a couch or taken a nap in a random place. It got really quiet and I went down to look. She had fallen dead asleep on the couch! We party hard when we're at Grammies:) It's our turn to host preschool again this month. We learned about the letter N and the girls had a blast. Addison loves to have it at our house which makes the efforts worth it. The girls loved making noodle necklaces out of colored noodles Addison and I made. Addison loves to learn and create. She reminds me so much of myself. Avery likes to sit and pull at my leg and cry during preschool. One of the girls call her , "Angry Avery". It's really sad and funny at the same time. We've been meeting a friend at the science museum for a couple weeks now. The girls love it and Addison enjoys running around with her little boy. Avery has perfected her "cheese" face and now her "scowl" face. She is starting to say more words and when she says them it is really soft and quiet. She loves to say, "Hi" over and over.  Her favorite thing to do is run over and hang and pull at the food pantry. She screams and cries until someone opens it and she steals a pack of fruit snacks. She's a little sneak and she knows what she wants! Her hair is starting to come in and it looks like it's going to be curly. She loves to sit and let me comb it in the morning while she sits in the sink and brushes her teeth. Grammie and Papa came up over the weekend and brought us dinner and dessert. It was such a nice surprise and the girls were really happy. Dave and I convinced my parents into letting us sneak away to go see a movie. Addison talked my parents into letting her stay up late and watch Frozen. Grammie braided her hair like Elsa and helped her put on her magic ice gloves. Things are crazy busy between balancing new callings and family life. I had three meetings last week and I was exhausted by the end of the week. We've had to juggle the girls with us a couple times and they are learning to behave. The busier I get the better I am at preparing a head of time. I've had dinner on the table and am finding more ways to spend time with the girls. The girls are starting to play better with each other and I love watching it!


No comments:

Post a Comment