Monday, February 16, 2015

Happenings

We've made a lot of visits to the doctor this past couple weeks! Poor Avery got a really bad stomach bug and it landed her in the ER. Dave of course was working and I had to scramble to find someone to take Addi. Luckily her babysitter was home and I was able to take her there. We waited a long time and they sent us home 5 hours later with nothing. It was frustrating, but in the end I was glad that it wasn't anything serious. The following week we were back at the doctor with a bad ear infection for Avery. On top of cutting molars Avery can't catch a break. We're pumping a steady steam of motrin for her these days! I found some funny pictures on my phone...Addison got into my makeup during quiet time over Christmas break. It was everywhere and all over her. I was pretty ticked since I had just bought new expensive makeup! She had to clean it all up and it took a while. Addison started sunbeams at the beginning of the year and she loves it! She has to give her first talk in primary this Sunday. It's on her favorite topic of Jesus Christ was resurrected and so will we. We wrote it on a piece of paper for FHE and she practiced for us so she won't be "scared" (that's why she told us she practiced!). I'm so proud of her love for the gospel and primary. Avery got to go into nursery a whole FIVE weeks early!!! She looks like such a big girl sitting on the chairs and eating her little snack. I got called to be the first counselor in the relief society and with Dave in YM is was impossible to contain her. She was a huge distraction so the nursery leader let us put her in early. She didn't even cry! We've been doing a lot of painting and creating over here. Avery likes to still eat the paint and Addison just sits and colors and cuts for hours! Addison came in and stole my bridal pictures from Dave's nightstand and put them on hers. She replaced her photo on Dave's nightstand and loves to sit and stare at the pictures. Addison also is currently in a phase of not wearing any pants. The second we get home she strips down to a short sleeve shirt and the tallest socks she can find. I recently got a curl wand and Addison is fascinated by it. She will grab a pencil and pretend to curl her hair on the hot iron. It makes me laugh watching her and how hard she tries to do it. She also has a large bruise on her head in the pictures. This was before her new stitches. Poor girl doesn't have good luck with her head these days! Avery is becoming a big helper in the kitchen. She likes to pull at my legs until I put her up on the counter so she can get into whatever I'm doing. Most of the ingredients end up in her mouth!  Grammie and Papa came up for Friday pizza and movie night. Someone Addison talked Papa into painting her toenails. Avery was also offered, but she preferred running around crazy instead.  I love living close to my parents and the special times we have been able to create! Here's to make more this year!

1 comment: