Saturday, December 20, 2014

Another Year Is Gone

Another birthday has come and gone and I still seem to LOVE birthdays! Unfortunately Dave was gone for three weeks and missed my birthday. It seems to happen more years than it doesn't! He didn't let the chance go by to take me out to celebrate. He arranged for my mom to come babysit and took me to the Melting Pot! It's my absolute favorite place to go. It meant a lot since Dave doesn't really like that place or the price... we managed to get a sweet military discount. I went out to some amazing Thai food downtown to celebrate with some girl friends. We stayed until the restaurant closed and it was nice to have a night out. My parents always pull together a wonderful birthday celebration. My mom and I took the girls to the Newport Aquarium and it was amazing! We spent the whole afternoon there and Addison and Avery loved it. My dad made me a huge batch of my favorite breakfast.We went out to dinner at Carraba's and the girl's helped my mom make a yummy carrot cake. I was then ultimately spoiled and got to fly to Dallas on my birthday to see Katie for a few days. It was just what I needed and I forgot what it was like to enjoy some time alone and out on the town. We went to the movies, got out nails done, went to a fancy birthday dinner (I got a big steak!), we cooked, napped and shopped. It was perfect and I loved seeing where Katie lives. My parents kept the girls happy, healthy and fed while I was gone. I got home on a Saturday and Dave somehow talked me into jumping on a plane that Monday to see him. His schedule was slowing down and he had a couple days off. We stayed in a nice hotel in downtown Baltimore and enjoyed eating at new places. It was freezing there and we had to walk a lot! It felt like a second honeymoon and I'm so glad I went. More importantly I'm grateful that my parents were willing to take the girls again. When I got back I almost felt like I didn't know how to take care of my own kids!





No comments:

Post a Comment