Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mr. Handyman Dave

Moving into a new place always entails a lot of projects. Dave has been a really good sport and has helped me compete almost everything I've asked:) Dave bought a kit to make a picnic table. Addison sat by him and watched and helped him build it. I love it! We've eaten outside a lot on in and it's perfect for when we have friends over. The next project was painting black stripes on our wall in the kitchen. Dave tried to put his foot down on this one, but he actually likes how it turned out. I guess I should note that we first tried to use vinyl to do the stripes, but they shrank at the top and bottom. We tried using staples to hold them in, but it looked ghetto. When the girls and I went away to Utah/Idaho Dave surprised us and actually painted them. He is very good at straight lines and being exact. It looks great! The playroom has been a labor of love as well. Dave put up vinyl cloud decals that I had bought on a wall. He patiently stood with the laser pointer and hung them straight and even. We then went to IKEA and bought three book shelves to make into toy holders and a bench seat. Dave was able to figure out the mechanics of it since I only had a picture to work from. It makes the room look complete and all the toys organized. I am very lucky that Dave makes my ideas come to life!


No comments:

Post a Comment