Saturday, July 26, 2014

Back to Father's Day

Rewind back to Father's Day! My dad told me he lives a life of unfulfilled expectations...so this year there was a lot of pressure!! I'm loving living by my parents to celebrate holidays together. My mom hosted this year which was fabulous. I brought dessert which was strawberry rhubarb cobber with ice cream. It's Dave's favorite and it turning into mine as well! My mom and I prepared a really nice meal and let the dads relax and take naps. Addison picked out a superman flying toy for Dave that she secretly wanted herself. She told him about it the day we came home from the store. We're still working on the element of surprise around here. I gave Dave some roasting sticks for a fire pit that we picked up from my parents. My siblings and I put together a scavenger hunt with funny clues for my dad. At each clue was a gift card to Home Depot for him to get something for the Idaho cabin. It was a great day celebrating the wonderful men in our lives. Dave is a million times more patient than I am with the girls and I use his example everyday. He lets me sleep in on Saturdays without complaining or he knows how much happier I am with an extra hour of sleep! He listens to my worries and struggles with an open mind and heart. The girls adore spending time with him. We've started a little tradition that Addison goes out on a daddy or mommy date alone once a week. This usually includes some form of ice cream. It melts my heart how excited all day she is until Dave gets home. I'm sure Avery will enjoy these experiences as well when she gets older. One way or another everyone says that Addison and Avery look like Dave so I'm grateful to have to reminder:) Katie coined a new phrase for my dad which is, "Juan in a Million." He truly is and always will be. He's a great dad, but an even better Papa. He helps out with the girls and is always thoughtful to me. The girls and I are pretty lucky to be surround by such amazing men.

No comments:

Post a Comment