Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

This year was a great Mother's Day. Dave let me relax when we got home from church by taking the longest nap ever. I didn't have to make dinner or dessert either:) Earlier in the week I got 3 dozen roses delivered to the door from Dave. I about died! I've never gotten that many flowers and they were a pretty spring mix. Addison stole one and put it in a vase and carried it around all week. I love Mother's Day for the fact that I am so blessed to be a mother and have a wonderful mother. I wouldn't be where I am in my young motherhood if it wasn't for my mom. These two little ladies run me ragged and most nights I don't feel like I can do it again the next day. Then Addison tells me I'm beautiful and Avery smiles at me and I realize it's all worth it. Strangers are always telling me to enjoy these days with young ones and that I'll miss it someday. Being in the thick of diapers, night time feedings, potty training, back talk...I forget to take a step back and enjoy the happy moments. Being a mom is what I'm meant to be and I am so grateful I get to stay at home and enjoy this chaos we call motherhood!


No comments:

Post a Comment