Tuesday, February 25, 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons...

We've had an interesting past couple of weeks. It all started with one last girls night with Juana to my favorite Mexican restaurant. I came home completely overstuffed and went to go to bed. I started having terrible pain in my stomach and knew it was my gall bladder. I moaned through the night until we were able to make arrangements to drop the girls off and go to the ER. I had to drink this awful mixture that made me throw up not once, but twice. Apparently there is no ultrasound machine on the weekends so I had to have a CT scan. Nothing could be seen from it so they sent me home and told me to eat bland. I was able to have an ultrasound and sure enough I have gall stones. I have felt terrible every since! I was able to make an appointment with a surgeon the following week to see what will happen. Going along with unfortunate happenings the car that we were getting ready to go pick up in Utah got sold. Dave was already planning on flying out and we had a plane ticket. We're both really upset and felt cheated. So now we have one car and are on the lookout for another...again. Time was counting down and we had to make the decision that Dave would have to go to Ohio without me. Since we only have one car I had to beg my mom to come up and drive me around to my appointments. It was hard to say goodbye to Dave over a week early before he ships off to training. Dave has started the house hunting process and lets just hope something good happens soon. Although, these past few weeks have been down right rotten things all happen for a reason. If Dave had left me to go to Utah while I was sick I'm not sure what I would've done. Not only am I eating fat free, but every time I eat I feel nauseous. Addison got sick last week and now Avery is sick. I needed Dave's help and if that meant no car I guess I am grateful! To help brighten the mood good old Andrea sent me flowers today! It was so nice and made me feel like I can get through this craziness! Now we just have to see what the surgeons say and make it to April 1st!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment