Thursday, February 13, 2014

We're Happy

Addison just adores Avery. She wants to hold her seriously every time I turn around! Avery doesn't seem to mind too much either:) We're getting used to having Daddy Dave around and that'll make it harder when he has to leave. I have enjoyed being able to catch a little sleep here and there while he gets up with Addison. Last weekend we got a babysitter and went to the Cheesecake Factory with the Quinn's. It was a really nice evening and probably our last double date with them for a while. We sat and enjoyed ourselves for almost 4 hours. I got a lot of diet cokes and we each got our own cheesecake! Dave and I spoke on Sunday and all went well. I didn't cry too much and Addison and Avery did really well sitting with different families. We went to the Smith's house for dinner afterwards and Addison and Will ran around eating with ice cream cones giggling. Addison is going to miss Will a lot. They play really well together and I'm going to miss being able to just call Kait and stop by or have then over last minute. I keep telling myself that this isn't goodbye to my friends, but just a little change of how we're friends. 
Addison helped me make some valentine's to hand out at playgroup. There was the traditional Cafe Rio lunch followed by decorating sugar cookies. Addison licked gobs of hot pink frosting and ate way too much candy! Avery wasn't happy at the party so I spend most of my time locked in a quiet room getting her to settle down. We got packages ready and mailed to all the cousins and aunts and grandparents this week as well. Addison was pretty excited to mail her special valentine's. We're still doing a lot of running around and cleaning out. We have less than two weeks left here and I'm going to bawl my eyes out when we leave for real in April. My girlfriends are throwing a little goodbye party for me next Friday. I had one last recipe exchange at my house last night.We had fondue and a whole lot of goodies. I have really enjoyed planning this group each month and hope to carry it on in our new area. We went over to the Quinn's for FHE earlier in the week. We brought the game rollick and it's a lot of fun playing with them. The girl team has had a bad loosing streak, but we still have a lot of fun. Tomorrow is valentine's day and we'll do our traditional fondue dinner. I have some fun surprises for the girls. I love holidays and Addison is getting really into them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment