Saturday, March 16, 2013

Expiring...

Someone is pretty excited to be a BIG SISTER come September! This picture would be more accurate if it was me with my face in the toilet bowl. This has been a rough 13 weeks and counting. I am finally having a few days were I don't lay on the couch and run for dear life to the bathroom. Thanks to loving family (Jenny came for a week followed by my mom for 3) I have been able to endure. We had our first ultrasound this past Tuesday and Addison kept telling the lady, "Good Job!" when she would look at the screen. The new addition looks good and it always seems more real once we get a glimpse of what is going on inside there! 

We found out just after we got back from Christmas break. I had a feeling I was pregnant because I had been feeling really tired. Addison and I ran out and bought a Big Sister shirt and put it on for when Dave would get home from school. It took him a little while to notice it, but he was really happy once he caught on:) We went out to Duff's Wings to celebrate the big news. Addison has now put the Big Sister shirt on her doll that she totes around. Aunt Jenny got to go to the first doctor appointment to hear the heart beat and for me to get something for all the nausea and throwing up. 

This pregnancy has already been so different than before I don't really know what to expect day to day! I have been very blessed to have good supportive friends who took Addison for play dates, checked in on me and picked up the slack for me in my calling. Dave has had to put on the hat of Mr. Mom and Graduate Student Dad. I say it has been good for him! I can't seem to help make dinner without loosing it before it's prepared so meals have been on Dave. Jenny made a whole bunch of freezer meals for us which have been a life saver! My mom faithfully had dinner ready by 5:05 so I didn't get sick the whole night. I am learning the secret to surviving is going to be early...really early like 8:30. I have missed a lot of activities that I really like to go to, but am learning to take it slow and allow myself to regain energy. 

We can't wait for this Spring and Summer to fly by and become a family of four!

1 comment: