Monday, July 30, 2012

Family Reunion 2012

We were lucky enough to host a much needed family reunion. It was the fast weekend and I am having a hard time even remembering everything that we did! We started it off by meeting in Palmyra for the pageant. We toured the Scared Grove and a few of the sites around there. Jonathan and Eliza had gotten there earlier and saved really close seats for everyone. The babies all fell asleep and the pageant was better than I remembered. It was a good reminder of the events that lead to the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. Maybe next year Addi will stay awake for the show.

Saturday we all got up and ready while Papa fulfilled his line of duty in the kitchen. We headed over to Canada to see the falls for the day. We walked across this time and it was so much better than driving! We beat huge lines of cars coming and going. We stopped and had a picnic on some benches in the shade. Maid of the Mist was the highlight of the day! Dave and I went last Summer and I don't remember getting nearly as soaked as we did this time. Poor Addi was so confused as to why we were making her wear this blue plastic wrap suit. It was miserably hot waiting in line, but well worth the wait. Somehow Eliza and Papa managed to get some good pictures despite the raging mist soaking everyone! I finally got to stop at the Hershey store on the way out. I got a giant milk chocolate shake that was so rich I think I shared more than I ate. For dinner we had a bbq in the back yard while the cousins played. Addi wasn't so sure about the sprinkler, but I am sure by next Summer she will be a pro. The night ended with some awesome Minute to Win it games! Everyone was a good sport and they were pretty funny to watch.

Sunday morning everyone headed out and we ran to church. We made a lot of good memories and really appreciate everyone taking the time to come so we could all be together. Oh and Addi would want me to mention that she was particularly grateful for the "Woof" coming and playing for the weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment