Monday, July 16, 2012

Addiction

We have had a little bit of a diet soda addiction going on in our household recently. Addison has caught on to the goodness and wants some too. She will get some cans out and line them up on her stool and scoot it around pretending to drink it. I have even caught her getting a few cans out of the garbage:) We are on week three of Dave being away. Addison and I are hanging in there. Thank goodness for good friends and Skype! We have been hitting up the zoo and the pool a lot. Addison is still getting the hang of the pool. She is slowly learning that you can't bring your goldfish into the pool. She spends most of her time sitting in her stroller eating  her fish while I try and turn my legs into some other color besides blinding white. It works out for both of us! Addison is starting to "play" with her toys more. She is growing up so fast I can't even stand it. The other day while I was getting ready she lined up all of her animals and started "talking" to them. I can't wait for her to start imaginative play. Lately Addison has taken to emptying out my diaper bag and finding new treasures. She found a map from the zoo and carried it around reading and talking to it. The best one was when she found an empty drink cup and would NOT let it go. She ended up getting to take it into the bathtub because she was so attached. Dave and I are starting to see how strong Addison's personality is:) She was such an easy baby so we thought she had Dave's personality...I am starting to think as we are entering toddler hood that she has switched to mine. She is a very busy girl who just wants to walk all over the place. She has constant skinned knees and still has a smile on her face about it. We are going through her barbie band-aides a little faster than I thought we would! We have started to bring the quiet book that Grammie Fajen made at Christmas to church. Addison really is enjoying it. If only she could walk up and down the aisles with it and then we would all be happy. We spend a lot of time in the halls chasing her. Addison missed Harley leaving so much that we have made several trips to Petsmart to see the "Woofs". We have had to settle for birds and an ugly dog getting shaved. Good thing everyone is coming back this weekend for a family reunion! We are just busy this week getting things ready for everyone to come. We are  really excited to all be back together after almost 5 years.

I got the redecorating itch. It happens every once in a while. It drives Dave nuts and I can't settle until it is done. I decided to take things that I already had in my basement for the most part. I got a new kitchen rug and curtain for the window. I refinished the bag hanger I had and finally framed some prints I had lying around. I like how it turned it! I am really tired of the color red in my house. I am slowly phasing it out!



Before:



After:



No comments:

Post a Comment