Friday, March 9, 2012

9 Months

Addison hit some serious milestones at nine months! She broke the twenty pound marker, started to crawl and got her second tooth! She is still a happy baby and attracts everyone with her smile (mostly the older men at the grocery store). She pulls herself up onto just about everything. She usually isn't happy unless she is standing up to the couch or trying to pull open a drawer. We had to lower her crib because her new favorite thing to do is to stand up and throw everything out. She is getting to be such a sneaky girl!  She got the okay from her doctor to start eating more table food. She still isn't really sure what to do with it. She does love crackers, cottage cheese, cheerios and beans. Entering the phase of crawling has been a love hate relationship. I was so eager for her so get on the move and now I don't know what to do! She can follow me and I have had to be on the look out for no no objects. Our glass coffee table has become a sore spot in our family room. It is the ONLY thing she wants to do. Turning on and off the dvd player is a favorite of hers that we are trying to break fast. i organized her toys into bins on a shelf so she can easily access them. Hopefully that will distract her from the coffee table area. Our plugs have covers, my pretty breakable decorations are slowly being taken down, stairs are being guarded, toilet lids are being closed and covers on drawers. This is our new life and we are embracing it every day!

9 month stats:
Weight- 20 lbs 7 oz/ 76%
Height- 27 3/4"/ 56%
Head- 46 cm/ 93%

My mom was able to come up for a little visit this past week. I had a project in mind and needed an around the clock babysitter. She was actually the one who got to see Addi crawl first! I was once again taking a nap just like I was when she rolled over for grandma too! We did a lot of running around and had much needed lady time. She helped me redecorate the guest bedroom and it is starting to look great. We painted stripes on a wall and found new bedding. I painted some canvas decorations and spray painted some old things that I had. I ordered some really cute fabric to make a pillow and a curtain. When it is all put together I will post pics! I don't think that she will be so willing to help if I ever want to do stripes again. They are HARD! We ended up having to buy a laser level which made a world of a difference. Thanks for making the trip Grammie!

1 comment:

  1. Time goes waaaay too fast! She is such a doll! She's a pretty good eater if she's eating cottage cheese and beans. That's very impressive!

    ReplyDelete