Saturday, August 13, 2011

Alive & Well

The Michael family is alive! It has been a whirlwind 10 weeks and we are finally catching our breath. Having a baby has brought us a lot of visitors and traveling. I am going to try and recap what the heck we have been doing.

* My parents were the first to visit. We loved having them around. Meals were fixed, laundry was done and folded and Addison was kissed and rocked around the clock.
Addison did a lot of this. She loves her swing and looks so stinking cute in it!
 She was not very fond of her first bath. It took almost 6 weeks for her umbilical cord to fall off. She loves her baths now that she can be in the water and kick around. 
 Our first outing was dinner at Olive Garden. I was sadly still really nausea and not feeling well, but it was nice to get out.
Addison of course really enjoyed her first outing. Slept like a gem!
Dave was able to get almost 2 weeks off of work. It was really nice to have him around during the night.Although Dave somehow managed to sleep through all the crying and feedings:)
I have to note that Addison lived in the closet for 6 weeks. She enjoyed her room and it was a perfect fit!

*Grandma Michael came the day after my parents left.
Things started to feel a little more normal and we were able to show Sharon Ruidoso. 
We were able to capture some almost smiles a few times. Now she is a smiling machine! It doesn't take much to get her to give you a full face grin. 
* After Grandma Sharon left Dave flew to Buffalo to find us a place to live. I was terrified to be left all alone with Addison. Luckily I had great friends who checked in on me and invited me over for meals. We both survived and Dave was successful in finding a nice place for us to live.
*Auntie Katherine came to our rescue next. She loved on Addison's ever growing cheeks and helped the mama catch up on some beauty sleep.
We had a fun fourth of July celebration. It was extremely hot, but we managed a little cookout and made it to the spectacular fireworks show! I don't think Katherine had seen one so amazing until then:)
If you will notice Daddy Dave's leg. Addison has really learned to use her bodily functions. We have since learned to be fast once we hear her blow!

Well that is all the catching up I can handle for now. Too many boxes to unpack and diapers to change! Tonight we get to go to a baseball game for Dave's birthday from my siblings. Nothing better than a baseball hotdog and peanuts to end a tiring week of unpacking!

4 comments:

  1. You are in New York now?? I'm so jealous! I miss New York SO much! Hope you get settled in quickly and everything goes well! Addison is SUCH a cutie! I love that last picture, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and was so happy to see that Dave got a loving present from Addison on him. She is going to grow way to fast and I wish I could see it. You will have to keep blogging. She is such a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear you're all getting settled in over there. miss you! post some more as soon as you get time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a doll! We sure miss you guys...I was just thinking it is going to be a long time before we see each other again. Sad. Best wishes on schooling and mommyhood!

    ReplyDelete