Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day 2011

This year we lucked out with Dave getting Valentine's Day off of work! I came home from work to find some pretty flowers!
We went out to lunch and enjoyed the beautiful weather! Dave said he still had an errand to run so I took a little nap. Until I was woken up by a phone call with him saying, "This will be really beneficial to our food storage...." I say, "No you are not getting a gun" as I hang up with him still pleading. He comes home and hands me a gift for the baby.

Ok so I admit the outfits are cute and he later added booties that matched. Needless to say about an hour later I was waiting in line buying a rifle on VALENTINE'S DAY! Still not really sure how it all happened and it is safe to say none of the other men buying guns had wives or girl friends there. 

Just so I document this Dave's sudden urge for this toy is that he wants to go shoot a pig. I don't always understand his desires and this one makes the top of the list for sure! We worked out a deal that if he drafts up plans for nightstands and gets started on them he can go. Fair enough right?

I managed to surprise Dave with a few things as well.
Some fancy carhart work pants and a wallet that he has now returned twice!

The night ended with a traditional fondue dinner that we prepared together.

We had a great day of love and as I am going to bed Dave comes running in with a card and a gift card to Barnes and Noble:) I am set with a years supply of chocolate from all of my cute students too!

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with the outfit dave bought for baby. He will be a great dad.

    ReplyDelete