Sunday, August 24, 2014

New Calling

I got called to teach Relief Society once a month and be in charge of the activities. When I got called they asked if I could do them quarterly. Since leaving Buffalo I have really missed frequent relief society gatherings. I decided to commit to doing them every other month. We had our first activity a couple weeks ago and it went really well! A lot of prayers were answered and everything went smoothly. I don't really have a supportive committee yet, but am hoping in the next month to have a couple more ladies help. We put on a dinner and a nice program on service. I made a nice invitation to hand out that got people excited about coming. The dinner was a lot of work and I don't think that we'll be doing those very often, but almost 50 people came! The counselor that works with me decided that we should set 50 place settings. We were pre platting the food to cut down on time so I was worried about wasting a lot of food. When the night was over we only had 3 plates left. We collected school supplies for a local shelter and we only set up two donation bins. We were hoping to fill them both up, but ended up filling the entire stage! The representatives from the shelter were so grateful and I couldn't believe everyone's generosity. It was a testimony builder to me on faith and trusting that the Lord will provide when you put forth an earnest effort for his work. This calling seems like it's going to be a lot of work, but I'm enjoying getting to know more woman that I probably wouldn't get to otherwise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment