Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ring Around the Ocean

Addison just finished her first summer of swim lessons and it was a long two weeks! We had to be at the pool at 9:15 and it was a little rough in the beginning. We finally got the grove of things as soon as it was over! Addison was incredibly shy for the first week and still had a difficult time up until the second to last lesson. She kept saying that the water was too deep and she didn't want to be away from me!?!? I put her in lessons because last summer she has NO fear and I wanted her to learn how to be safe this year. Addison screamed and cried, but I told her teacher that we would press on! I was very proud of her by the end when she even blew bubbles and put her face in. They sang a cute song that went to the tune of  Ring Around the Rosie  that Addison sings all the time now. It goes like this:
Ring around the ocean,
Pocket full of fishes,
Splashes, Splashes,
We all blow bubbles
We're learning that Addison is a little shyer than we thought and takes some time to warm up to new ideas. I will always remember this summer as the year I had to jump in the water with my clothes on to help the lifeguard who was holding my child as she kicked and scream opera style :) We have been back to the pool a couple of times and clearly Addison isn't afraid of the water at all! Here's to a summer of going to the pool and me chasing Addison around and trying to keep poor Avery from getting splashed like crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment