Saturday, June 21, 2014

Avery Mae at 9 Months

We just had our first experience going up to the base for the girls doctor appointments. I was able to do them back to back which meant less driving. Both girls seem to be having issues in different areas and the doctor was able to listen to me and give some advice. Avery is still very fussy at night and in general kind of an unhappy baby. I feel like I hold her 3/4 of the day and if I do that then she is content. Going down for naps and bedtime she'll cry on and off for a good 20 minutes. It's hard to listen to everyday, but even if we rock her completely asleep she'll cry when she gets laid down. Poor girl just wants to be held! I'm hoping that she'll outgrow this fussiness by the time she's one...wishful thinking! She got to start eating cottage cheese and soft shredded cheese this week. She loves it! When I open a jar of baby food she starts spitting right away. We are on our way out of giving her baby food since she hates it so much. When Avery puts in her binky she sticks her finger in the hole and sucks on her finger. It's really cute and she sits and does it a lot. She's almost pulling herself up to a standing position to her toys. She loves to stand when I help her and has a really good balance doing so. She is crawling everywhere! The baby gate went up and her favorite spot is the sliding glass door. Addison has become a big helper in feeding Avery while I make dinner. She will give her applesauce which includes a bite for herself after she gives one to Avery:) When I shower or am doing things upstairs Avery goes straight for the toilet in both bathrooms. She grabs the little knob covers on down on the side of the toilet and tires to eat them...gross!! I think she consumes at least 10 squares of toilet paper a week. She is so fast and shoves it in before I can even think to get it out. We went swimming for the first time this week and Avery just kicked and kicked in the water. She wasn't a huge fan of the hat on her head, but splashing in the water was a good distraction. Avery you are a special addition to our little family. You teach me how to love more and more every day!

Weight: 18lbs 3 oz 38%
Height: 27.87 61%
Head: 44.5 cm 65%


No comments:

Post a Comment