Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving 2013! This was the first year in I don't know how long that we didn't travel. It was kinda nice to have family come to us and enjoy a low key holiday. Jenny flew in from California from a Monday to a Saturday. We really enjoyed having her here and Addison was happy to have her BFF Harley back. Poor guy gets worked to the bone while he is here with Addison chasing him around. Jenny and I fit in two movies...yes I finally went to a movie! It seems harder this time around to leave Avery for some reason. We saw Catching Fire and The Book Thief.  They both were amazing movies simply because the theater by us has reclining movie seats! Jenny even brought a blanket the second time around:) I escaped having to do a turkey for one more year! Jenny made a really moist turkey with fresh herbs. We worked as a team to make the sides and everything turned out really yummy. Addison enjoyed eating not one, but four rolls for her meal! We all went around and said what we were thankful for and Addison said Harley and her Little Sister. She just says the cutest things! Dave and Jenny softened up and each were able to say something nice about each other. I of course told Dave I was grateful for donating an X chromosome so we could have sweet Avery with us this year. We watched a lot of movies and Addison and Jenny (and Harley) did a lot of tea partying.  Aunt Jenny spoiled everyone with gifts...including Dave! She brought Addison a new Rapunzel tea set and dress that she will only tuck under her arm pits?? She gave me fancy Vera Bradly slippers for my birthday that I love of course. She hand delivered Avery's cross stitch masterpiece! I love it and I know someday Avery will appreciate that hers is bigger than Addison's!! Haha I guess I need to keep having babies to keep her cross stitching sharp:)  Dave received the biggest bag of beef jerky possible. Addi has been begging for Jenny to take her for some more pink ice cream with sprinkles. They went out on a little date one night and Addi was in heaven!We went to an indoor trampoline place that everyone enjoyed. Jenny managed to do a few toe touches and I bounced around trying not to wet my pants! There was a lot of quality napping that went on and lots of snuggling. We were grateful for Jenny making the trip and feel very blessed this time of year as we reflect on our bounty!


No comments:

Post a Comment