Monday, December 10, 2012

Early (really early) Christmas

We are down to ONE week for til Dave is done with his "deployment" to Syracuse. It has been a rough 7 weeks I have to admit. Addison seems to notice that her daddy has been gone more. We are very grateful for skype and phone calls. The bewitching hours of 4 until bedtime sometimes got the best of both of us and ended in early bedtimes. We have watched a lot of Frosty the Snowman, broke a few ornaments, ate too many cookies, listened to a lot of Christmas music, taken batteries out of a few noisy toys and eaten a lot of pizza to survive! I am still very happy that Addison takes great naps and usually sleeps in til almost 9(if only I could get to bed earlier).
 I begged Dave to let Addison have her "Santa" gift early (really early!) so that I wouldn't have to watch any Elmo this week to break up the long days. He agreed and we set up shop last night. Good thing Addison is young because I think this thing of celebrating happens way too often around here! We got her out of bed and started video tapping her coming down the stairs. Addison is like me in the mornings...awesome hair, grouchy and just wants to eat breakfast first thing. Her inital reaction to the masterpiece kitchen wasn't what I was hoping for. All the times that she saw it in the basement and would say, "WOW!!!" I wish we had gotten that on video. The kitchen is still a little too tall. I dragged her stool and put it in front. She was a lot happier being able to reach everything. She hasn't figured out just yet what it is, but I have good hopes for it! Merry early (really early) Christmas! We are "celebrating" Saturday morning with traditional orange cinnamon rolls and a few other little gifts for Addi. Then we are off to Cincinnati for a few days and then Idaho for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment