Saturday, December 3, 2011

Let the Holidays Begin!

We were lucky enough this year to live close enough to my parents and my brother and his family for Thanksgiving! My parents drove up the Saturday before Thanksgiving and then we all headed to Boston on Wednesday. It was about an 8 hour drive with all the potty break stops (sorry guys!) and terrible traffic. Addison once again was a road warrior champ. She falls asleep the second we pull out of the driveway...wonder where she got that from:) I was sadly sick with a head cold and by the end of the week I think I had passed it onto almost everyone else. It was so fun to finally met cousin Hannah Grace. She is so cute and a very sweet baby! Someday her and Addison with be best buds. Ella is a great big cousin she helped give Addison baths and shared her toys all week. We had an amazing Thanksgiving meal and it was nice to all be together. We were able to go on a double date with Jonathan and Eliza and see some fun parts of Boston. Grandma and Grandpa did a nice job babysitting letting the grand kids break all the rules! We went to the USS Constitution ship which was beautiful. All the wood work was still in really nice condition. What would a Boston trip be without Mike's Pastry Shop treats! Little Hannah was blessed that weekend as well and we were glad we were there for it. Jonathan gave a very special blessing to her. I love that he blessed her to look to the righteous example of his aunts:) Guess I better start acting like one! Ella kept us entertained and on our toes the whole week. I love the age that she is at. I am really looking forward to Christmas! On a side note it was last Thanksgiving that we announced to our families that we were expecting. I can't believe how fast time goes by. I am so grateful this year to have Addison with us and everything that we have learned from her in these short six months. Oh and I am really grateful to have been able to enjoy the smells of Thanksgiving this year:) 


 The road trip warrior!
 Happy to see each other!
 Happy Hannah Grace

 Happy Turkey Day!


 Watching Harry Potter 7.2!
 USS Constitution 

 Our cute little sailor girl. 






No comments:

Post a Comment