Sunday, January 2, 2011

Catch Up

Sometimes I wish I would just stay up to date on my posts! Here is the remainder of 2010 that I am attempting to document...

Summer Events- I would regret not remembering the many camping trips we took this summer. I have really come to enjoy camping and hope we continue to go throughout the years. We went with our friends the Barton's. The trip was filled with great food, games, awesome campfires (one of which I helped build!), blackmailing stories, beautiful scenery and many memories that won't be forgotten. We went to Ruidoso, New Mexico and Cloudcroft, New Mexico.



Delious dutch oven cooking.
The Koerper's joined us in Cloudcroft.
We were lucky enough to hear about a Renaissance Festival in nearby Las Cruces,NM. The Barton's were brave enough to accompany us on this adventure. Needless to say we stuck out like a sore thumb due to our lack of costume for the time period. We ate our fried food and watched a few great performances.
My 24th Birthday- Dave really made my day this year and made me feel really special. He didn't have to work which was a great bonus so we were able to fit a lot in. Once again my wishes were fulfilled with a gift card to DSW! Dave knows how to keep me happy:) The ultimate surprise this year was that Dave had planned a little get together for cake and ice cream. We went out to dinner to Carinos and came home to find our friends waiting! I loved it! Everyone brought my favorite treats and snacks. How lucky am I to have such great friends.
Every year I think Dave has forgotten to get a cake. He never fails!
Jessica, Me, Lexy and April
This made me the happiest girl alive! Dave had the second bedroom closed and told me to close my eyes (I feared a puppy). He had set up my pottery wheel so that I won't splash everywhere. It hangs clear up to the ceiling and he even remembered breathing vents.

Thank you everyone who helped make this day special for me once again:)

Thanksgiving El Paso Style- My loving parents were talked (and begged) into coming to us for Thanksgiving this year. It was so nice to not have to do the turkey yet another year. We squeezed in a lot of fun things while they were here. I was sick most of the time, but it was really nice to have my parent's here to wait on me:)
 We went to a Mexican market on the other side of town. So many yummy treats!
My dad was my hero in the mornings. I simply had to put in a request the night before and was woken up by friendly aromas! I am happy to report that Dave has now filled this position nicely on his days off:)
 Toasting to the "baby"
 This is how I looked and felt most nights!
 Then Dave would rub my feet and I could fake a smile.

 We found a tramway. It was a beautiful view at night.
 Day after Thanksgiving steal. I got a rocker for half off!
Traditional Fajen Family Christmas crepe breakfast managed to sneak in early for me! My dad even made extra and froze them for us to enjoy before we left for Idaho at Christmas.
 We celebrated Dave's acceptance into University of Buffalo! We leave at the end of July to start the next chapter of our lives.
 Of course a little man time was included.
 Up early beginning the Thanksgiving feast.

 The highlight of the trip was announcing the baby and sharing in the excitement. Thanks again Dad & Mom for making the journey to see us. It was a memorable trip and we really appreciated it.

Christmas catch up will have to be in part 2. I have now been blogging for way to long!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe there's a renaissance festival in las cruces, that's so awesome. sounds like you had a great thanksgiving and i can't wait to hear about your christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you guys again over Christmas! Looks like you have had some great adventures...enjoy them now before your world turns upside down in a few months! LOL! Best wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun year it has been. The picture of you sick and sad makes me want to cry. I am glad you are finally feeling better. I can't wait to see what this next year will bring for you guys.

    ReplyDelete