Thursday, January 27, 2011

Catch Up Part 2

Well I need to wrap up 2010 so I can begin all of the upcoming events for 2011! 


Christmas 2010- This year we spent Christmas in Idaho with Dave's family. Dave was lucky enough to score 8 whole days off so we could go and have a nice stay. Before we left Dave had a day off so we exchanged our gifts to each other. I guess we both must have been on the good list this year:)
Dave was not too happy about his stocking stuffers this year. Who wouldn't want new man soap and washcloths to use them!?
 Dave's feet ripped a hole in my favorite green sheets so Santa was kind enough to bring us some new ones...with no holes:)
 The legendary Fajen square egg pan!
My dreams finally came true of my very own snuggie!

Getting ourselves to Idaho this year was a less than desirable experience while being pregnant and a lot of driving and late nights. We had to fly out of Albuquerque which is a painful drive with only about 2 bathroom stops along the way. After long weather delays we finally made it to Salt Lake City and my sister Katie was nice enough to pick us up. Once we got to Dave's house we really had a great time. It was fun to be around the snow and family.


Santa surprised everyone with a snowmobile trip to Yellowstone. It was a fun adventure. It was about 60 miles and took all day. We were dressed for a blizzard and I was grateful for that! The machines were decked out with seat and hand warmers which saved me about the last hour of the trip. Besides having to go to the bathroom a ton, Dave driving to fast and my helmet falling off it was a great trip! 
 That really is me under there!
Dave was a happy boy after this trip. Notice how big his smile was the whole trip:)

We ended the year back in El Paso with a few friends. I was amazed to have made it to midnight. I started to feel better around the beginning of the year and almost can't remember how sick I was for 17 weeks! We can reflect back on 2010 and feel very blessed to be where we are and what we have accomplished. We can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for us!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you guys were able to have such a fun Christmas. What a great way for you guys to end the year of 2010 with family and friends who love you. I can't wait to see what this year will bring.

    ReplyDelete