Wednesday, June 9, 2010

All Good Things Come To An End...

That's right the title says it all...I am no longer a valued Sam's club associate. I was stripped of my royal blue vest and my membership given back! I must say it was an interesting two months, but not ones that I want to relive. I will say that I feel a lot more street smart and more capable of standing up for myself.

Enough of that...I have a lot to recap on from the past month.

Trip Home
I quit Sam's on a Tuesday and Dave and i decided that I was due for a visit to Ohio and I hopped on a plane Thursday. I am having a hard time adjusting to the hot hot humidity...you would think growing up in it for 20 years I would already be used to it?!? I will say that my curly hair is loving it:)

Carlsbad Caverns
Dave had a few days off and so we went over to Carlsbad Caverns. We did the cave tour all day and then found a yummy Mexican place for dinner followed by a drive in movie. It was a short but a really fun little get  away.

I even sported my new camelpack. 
If you look closely the sign says, "Weak Knees Common"
We both made fun of this sign...mine hurt for two days!
I'm still not sure why we wore long sleeves it was about 85 degrees?
We chose to go down the natural entrance. This was the opening. Thank goodness it was not bat season yet!
Everything was so interesting and amazing so deep below the surface. The "No Touching" policy was difficult for both Dave and I:)
I was kept entertained with my water. A problem when there is no where to go to the bathroom!
Here is the famous...I force Dave to document he was actually there as well picture.
Thank goodness you get to take an elevator back up!

That is enough picture overloads for now. I will post about our Cliff Dwellings trip another night.

2 comments:

  1. hi little lady! Your cavern trip seemed sooo fun! I am glad you are adventurous. tu mamacita xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip we will have to go sometime. I can't wait to see more of your adventures from Ohio.

    ReplyDelete