Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Holiday...

Tomorrow will be the worst day of my working career...Cinco De Mayo. I just wanted to remind myself beforehand that I pretty much live in Mexico and I should embrace this holiday and all the festivities! After closing tonight  all of the "usual" displays were taken down and replaced with all sorts of intoxicating party favors. Let the party begin!!!!

Also I wanted to give a sneak peek into our lives lately...

DAVE... 
  • He is an outdoor loving guy who has taken up rock climbing with a new friend and seems to be holding his own on the rocks.
  • He just graduated so he has a lot of "free time" to sleep in I mean study for the GRE:)
  • Just got a new cell phone and was like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting to go get it.
  • Loves watching 24
  • Dave really likes to vacuum. I am not going to complain about this one. Although it is done seldom he does such a nice job!
  • When I asked him to describe something's he likes to do he wanted me to put in...EATING. haha this is a very important one to him.
  • He is stilling liking his career choice as a Murse and is doing very well passing additional certifications such as PALS.
  • He also can't wait for Iron Man 2 to come out.
  • A list of "Dave" would not be complete without the reminder of how much he loves ice cream. He was sent to get granola bars the other day, but only came home with a gallon of ice cream? Needless to say he was sent back:)
  • Lastly, Dave loves to give his hard working wife foot massages as much as possible!
Emily...
  • Is busy going to the gym and actually finding it enjoyable.
  • Still is a "Valued Sam's Club Associate"  and getting the hang of things.
  • Loves to read books and is currently enjoying the Hunger Games series.
  • Will sneak in a handful of gummy bears whenever Dave isn't looking:)
  • Is still enjoying teaching Sunday School and is learning a lot.
  • Loves he little niece!
  • Still finds time to make Dave good meals even though I have been working the evening shifts...he is SPOILED!
  • Lastly, loves when Dave has a night off and has the laundry folded and the bed made when I get home!
That is who we are for now... Just a couple of In Love Border-City Living Opposite trying to live together!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog cracks me up. Can you write mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes! I love Cinco De Mayo. jk So did it turn out ok? Was it the worst day... I'd say it may have been calm, because I think all the celebrations start in the morning and go all day haha that is usually how those parties go :) I miss you guys and want to see you soon! By the way, i'm glad you are liking going to the gym (well I mean you have decided it isn't too bad...haha) because now when we are neighbors (maybe someday) we can go together! :) and you are looking good in the pictures below Em! Work it baby! :) hehe jk but really! You guys look great!

    ReplyDelete