Thursday, August 6, 2015

BROKEN

On July 1st a week into Addison's swim lessons she broke her wrist. It was very sad and for 4 weeks we missed out on a lot. Addison went to a play date to the park with a new family in our ward. I was home with Avery having her speech therapy session. Addison came home a lot earlier than I thought she was going to and was crying. The mother didn't know what was wrong, but Addison wouldn't stop crying. I fed the girls lunch and then put them both in their rooms for some quiet time. I went up to check on Addison who was wimping loudly. Her wrist had almost doubled in size and she said it hurt. She was still able to move it so I didn't think that it was broken. I arranged a sitter for Avery and took Addison up to the ER on base. they did x rays and sure enough she had broken the outer bone. It was so sad! I was frustrated that the base wasn't really equipped to help with a child splint and sling. She had to have a soft cast for a week before they set it. They had to put it up past her elbow and that made her cry HARD! Our summer water plans and Kings Island plans had to be put on hold. When we got out to Idaho Uncle Spencer who worked for an orthopedic group was able to bring her a short arm splint. The splint was waterproof and so Addison was a happy camper. We just got the brace off and the x rays came back good. I hope to not have to deal with a stinky cast for a long time...or ever again!





No comments:

Post a Comment