Friday, May 3, 2013

Ohio Visit

Addison and I decided to take a last minute trip down to Cincinnati before driving became unbearable. The 8 hour drive turned out to be just about all either of us could take! We did a little baby shopping and got Addi some summer things. The mall has a train ride that goes around which Addison loved and Grammie and I endured. Addison has almost perfected her choo choo whistle. I got my Cincy fixes of skyline, greater's black raspberry chip, buskin cookies and most importantly jersey mikes once or twice!There was a lot of playing outside with the wagon and car and following Papa around as he did yard work. Poor Harley didn't know what hit him once Addison arrived. She loves that dog, but I don't think the feeling is as mutual:) Once Jenny was finished with work we headed to the zoo for the day. It was refreshing to see a zoo full of animals and lots to do around the zoo! We got to see a giraffe feeding up close, comb a goat and see a cheetah run. Last spring Addison was terrified of the goats so it was a pleasant surprise to see her to calm around them. Aunt Jenny finally fulfilled Addison's request of painting her toes and fingers. She sat really still and picked out a pretty purple color. I had projects I wanted help with while I was there. My dad and I made a cute yellow and white polka dot headboard for Addison's big girl bed later this summer. Jenny has turned into the professional sander and painter. She helped to refinish a tall dresser that will also go in the new room. I helped Grammie pick out the fabric to make a quilt for baby girl that is going to be really cute! Addison has turned into a do it yourself kind of girl. She likes to say, "Me do it" or "My turn do it"! I am learning to be a little more patient and Addison has had a lot of melt downs that end in kicking face down on the floor. Thank goodness it is warmer weather now and we can spend most of our days outside! We celebrated Jenny's birthday right before we headed back home. We went to the art museum which Addison enjoyed until I ran out of licorice to give her. Jenny picked grilling out at the park for dinner and angel food cake cupcakes. Everything was really yummy and Addison of course enjoyed singing her favorite song of Happy Birthday!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment